Thursday, January 13, 2011

Moving Forward - Seeking The Presence & Partnership with God

Seeking The Presence & Partnership with God

KEY SCRIPTURE
The grace (favor and spiritual blessing) of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the presence and fellowship (the partnership; communion and sharing together, and participation) in the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen (so be it).
2 Corinthians 13:14 (Amplified Bible)

Scripture declares that; a man’s heart plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps. (Proverbs 16:9). For you to be able to achieve your goals and objectives, as you move forward this year; you will need the abiding PRESENCE and PARTNERSHIP with God daily. Jesus promises in John 14:16-17 that He “...will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. The Apostle Paul admonished us to seek the presence, fellowship, partnership, communion, sharing together and participation of the Holy Spirit daily.

Moses knew the importance of the abiding PRESENCE and PARTNERSHIP with God so well. In his attempt to pursue his divine assignment we read about discourse between him and God in Exodus 33: 12-19 (Divine Negotiations) Then Moses said to the LORD, “See, You say to me, ‘Bring up this people.’ But You have not let me know whom You will send with me. Yet You have said, ‘I know you by name, and you have also found grace in My sight.’ Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people.”And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Then he said to Him, “If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here. For how then will it be known that Your people and I have found grace in Your sight, except You go with us? So we shall be separate, Your people and I, from all the people who are upon the face of the earth.” So the LORD said to Moses, “I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name.” And he said, “Please, show me Your glory.” Then He said, “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.”

Moses got more than he bargained for. He sought God’s abiding PRESENCE but ended up with the assurance of His PRESNECE; His goodness; His Glory; Grace and God promising to declare His very Name before Him. How about that?
 No matter what confounding questions, perplexing circumstances, or seemingly insurmountable dilemmas you are facing today, the solution to them is absolutely obvious to God. He knows the end from the beginning and has been where you are going. He has the most profound knowledge and understanding of every topic in the universe—including your situation. He also has the wisdom and gentleness necessary to help you overcome your deepest, most heart-wrenching issues in a way that builds you up and draws you closer to Him. With Him in the driver seat of your life, guarantees your success as you attempt to move forward this year. Psalm 32: 8 says; I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye; says the LORD.

Unfortunately when many Christians bow their heads in prayer, they do all the talking. Instead of taking time to listen to the One who has the perfect answers to all their needs, they continually pursue one-sided conversations that neither honor the Father nor solve their difficulties.
Don’t make the same mistake. Ecclesiastes 5:2 teaches, “God is in heaven and you are on the earth; therefore let your words be few.” You have the awesome, cross-bought privilege of approaching the Lord God Almighty for His grace and guidance. If you want Him to lead you, then you must take time to acknowledge His Presence and hear what He’s saying and heed His instructions. Go before Him with a humble heart and allow Him to direct your conversation. Proverbs 3:5-6 instructs us to “Trust in the LORD with all our heart, and lean not on our own understanding; in all our ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct our paths. 

You cannot have a vibrant, powerful relationship with the Lord if you refuse to listen to Him. So spend time on your knees and present your plans to Him and then wait in silence before Him, focusing on His presence, His Word, and how He is speaking to your spirit. Then obey whatever He instructs you to do. Remember that a man’s heart plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps. (Proverbs 16:9).

Blessings!
“Archbishop”

1 comment:

  1. In the spirit of Moving Forward in 2011, my wife and I are taking the proactive measures to empower ourselves and take our Financial Position to the next level by attending Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. They have classes all over the country. Go to the following website and watch the introduction video. For classes in your area, type in your zip code.

    http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/preview/

    Activate your faith, take positive steps forward, and make it happen in 2011.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete